This project involved the design and construct demolition and refurbishment of an old Bunnings warehouse, conversion to a 90 GP medical super clinic and allied health facility in Morayfield. Construction included a new 6000m2 suspended concrete level 1, and a 2000m2 level 2 floor. New structural steel, roof replacement, FC and Alucobond façade, full services installation and numerous subsequent specialist fitouts, a hydrotherapy pool and a suspended deck.
Morayfield Health Hub:
- $19m Design & Construct
- Demolition & Refurbishment of an old Bunnings warehouse into a medical super clinic
- New suspended concrete level 1 throughout (6000m2), level 2 floor for 2000m2
- Roof replacement and new structural steel, New FC and alucobond cladding to façade
- Full services installation to suit
Morayfield Family Doctors Fitout:
- $5.4m Design & Construct
- Full design and construction for fit-out of a 90 GP super clinic, ground floor, Morayfield Health Hub
Key architectural/design elements include:
- Internal timber cladding with hidden fixings.
- Central “floating” meeting pod incorporating full services.
- Large central internal voids with angled downturn beams.
- In laid flush LED lighting framing openings.
- Floating stairs aside lift wells. Western edge floating across two levels, key to note the stairs are not fixed to the lift wells here with exposed PFC edges, a very difficult detail to construct with in situ stairs.
- Glazed front awnings and façade on entry.
- Framed bay windows to upper level clerestory. Surrounding perforated acoustic board, LED framed shopfront awnings to level 1.