This project involved the design and construct of the existing Sunshine Beach Surf Lifesaving Club. The works to the Club consisted of the demolition to the top two levels and reconstruction of a new facility including bars, kitchen, gaming and dining facilities supported by a new upper level function area. A condition of the development was to maintain emergency beach access at all times through the construction site, which created challenges managing WHS obligations. Severe environmental conditions of this project required particular consideration of some key architectural elements.
Project Key Points:
- High build protective paint system to exposed structural steel.
- Façade substrate engineering for the external Equitone Façade system.
- Substitution of light weight steel stud wall/ceiling framing to traditional methods to mitigate risk or corrosion.
- Magnesium coated steel roof providing longer term warranty.
- 2500m2 Floor Area.
- Extensive use of honed concrete floors.
- Bespoke Equitone façade/soffit system.
- Significant glazing to take advantage of location/views.