Construction works on the $18 million redevelopment of the Brisbane Road Car Park in Mooloolaba are progressing as per schedule. Since commencing on 28 October 2019, the Brisbane Road Car Park site works have focused on constructing the foundations of the new eight-storey multi-deck car park. It is expected to be completed by December 2020. The layout will have entry and exit points from Smith Street and entry point from Brisbane Road.
Key features of the Brisbane Road Car Park Redevelopment:
- Eight-storey car park
- Over 700 parking spaces and 50 bicycle spaces
- Ground floor retail outlets facing First Avenue
- Vehicle entries from Brisbane Road and Smith Street
What’s coming up?
- 28 January 2020 to late February 2020: Continuing installation of the remaining foundations, in-ground services and ground floor slab for the new car park.
- Early March 2020 to late March 2020: Works will commence on the eight-storey building structure.
Timeframes may change subject to weather and site conditions. The project team will continue to keep the community informed about the project.
View our website for daily Aerial View Photography snapshots on progression of the redevelopment.
Information about the project is also available on council’s website: www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au