Sean and Matthew Evans formed Evans Built in 2011 following the sale of their company, Evans Harch, a highly successful commercial construction and development operation spanning over thirty years in the industry. Lee Ferguson joined the organisation soon after and with a focus on construction, project management and development projects throughout Queensland, Evans Built has since delivered many projects, including:
- Two commercial and retail developments King Street, Buderim
- Stage One of Deception Bay Shopping Centre Redevelopment
- Sunshine Coast Grammar School refurbishments and Aquatic Centre
- Numerous specialised medical and tenancy fitouts, including SCCO at Pulse, Kawana
- New service stations in Townsville, Moranbah, North MacLean, Gunalda, Kilcoy, Rocklea, Caboolture, Brendale, Burpengary, Meridan Plains, Redbank Plains
- Truck Maintenance Facility with Unmanned Refuelling Station, Townsville
- Parmalat Milk Distribution facilities at Coolum Beach and Bundaberg
- New Leaf Early Learning Centre, Alexandra Headland
- Pulse Oceanside Medical, Kawana
- New 7-Eleven Service Centre development, Virginia
- VW Dealership Maroochydore
- Augusta Village (and IGA)
- Peregian Village Market (and IGA)
- Highland Reserve State School GLA
- Morayfield Medical Hub
- Caboolture Special School New Junior Learning Centre
- Mango Hill State School New Junior Learning Centre
The company is currently completing:
- Specialist medical fitouts, Pulse Kawana
- Taringa Mixed Use Development
- Central Sippy Downs Development
- Synergy Rothwell Mixed Used Development
- Caboolture “Big Fish” Travel Centre
- Caloundra Christian College Junior Learning Centre
- Helensvale State High School Additional Multi Level Accommodation
With numerous projects in design the company is looking toward a positive and successful future. Evans Built has a solid financial base with no exposure to high risk projects. Current turnover capacity is $151 million and the company presently employs over 50 staff. Evans Built strives to maintain a reputation for reliability and stability, and is committed to the design and construction of quality commercial, retail, medical and industrial facilities.
Sean, Matthew and Lee each have extensive industry experience and hold reputations for honesty, integrity and fair dealing with clients, subcontractors and employees alike, with a key aim of delivering efficient, dispute-free projects. Evans Built maintains accreditation for its Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Systems, is fully licensed with QBCC and is a QMBA member.
Sean holds a degree in Engineering from University of Queensland and commenced his career as a structural engineer in 1994, gaining valuable grounding in all aspects of post tensioning, masonry and structural design. Sean is a licensed open builder with extensive experience in construction and project management, major design briefs, client and consultant liaison.
Matthew holds a degree in Valuation from University of Queensland and commenced his career as valuer on the Sunshine Coast in 1993. After joining Evans Harch in 2000, Matthew went on to establish a successful development department with projects across Queensland including industrial, medical, retail, multi-residential and commercial sectors, culminating in a portfolio valued in excess of $100 million.
Lee holds a degree in Quantity Surveying and is a GreenStar Accredited Professional. Lee brings to Evans Built over twenty years experience in senior design management of major commercial projects, with extensive and diverse expertise in design management and delivery, including education, health, industrial, commercial and retail facilities.